You may remember Shola and Taiwo from my Old Hollywood shoot few months back. Well, here is their traditional engagement – colorful and so full of energy. I did only two of these engagements this year so I am going to do a full post to celebrate my last engagement post for the year. For my non-African viewers, I will attempt to give u a few clues here and there. My goal for this post is to make you the viewer feel like you were part of this wonderful celebration..Enjoy
PS: In the comment field at the end of the post, please let me know your favorite moment in this post. I will get around to numbering the pictures much later for better reference.
1. Typically, you have an opening prayer at traditional engagements.
3. It’s really the bride’s family day so they dance in and settle down first
5. Renny Vasquez takes care of makeup
8. The groom’s family is greeted by guards(female MC) and all they really want is just some money before letting them thru
10. The money bowls are in order
11. The brides family receives the grooms family
15. This lady is sort of the guardian angel for both families, she brings drama and laughter to the event..you can call her an MC
19. Brides family accepts the proposal written by the grooms family
20. Now the groom arrives, I love the look on his face. It’s more like, “you guys really want my money, huh?”
25. While the groom pays his respect to the bride’s parents, the bride heads towards the ceremony
30. Yes Shola can get down!
31. Another priceless moment
38. Now that’s my Pastor Nike Wilheims. I felt the power in those prayers while I was editing
50. Funny she tells them to hug with emphasis as if they need a tutorial for that
51. Even guests want to capture moments…..
52. Now they have to pretend it’s a nice picture…lol!
58. Guests always love my camera