Another non-conventional posting. The goal of this post is to take you behind the scenes of a getting ready bride and groom before the church ceremony. Most postings will have a few of them but a lot of work go into these moments just as much as the ceremony – at least for me. I normally don’t narrate on pics but I will this time, just to give potential brides some tips on how to make these moments go smoothly and also show some details I love to capture. I will mention some technical bits here and there for photographers but no much so not to bore the non-photographers. Please enjoy these 30 shots.
1. Do you know rings stand on my command? Well maybe sometimes
2. I used their invitation for this shot. Placing the ring in between the names seemed perfect.
3. Something about the point of view and mood here makes this shot for me.
4. Some of Ikenna’s details. Yes, you can say it, I make the little things look really nice…well isn’t that why you hired me..lol
5. I am a fan of shoes. I see a lot going into shooting brides shoes these days. I am a fan of putting the shoes in a simple spot and just let it show itself off, with the right lens and angle of course it comes together. Sometimes I do some crazy things with them but simplicity won for this particular shot.
6. Another simple view but yet looks dynamic.
6. Ogo gets it…always smile on your day even when things are going slightiy wrong..it’s a lot more cheaper at the end of the day.
10. Uhmmmm….I like.
13. I framed this with a chair nearby, I always seem to find them in hotel rooms.
14. Of course, she wasn’t supposed to see me!
21. Another tip, get dressed early enough before you head to church. 2hrs early is good enough, then you can have time to do some relaxed portraits around your hotel or getting dressed location. From my experience rushing out of the hotel room is never fun.