You probably remember Gboyinde and Anani from a few months back. In Nigerian culture, traditional ceremonies are actually of more significance than the white wedding itself. It’s when Anani makes his official request to Gboyinde’s parents for her hand in marriage. Anani is from Togo, so he pretty much has to conform to how it’s done the Nigerian way. At the beginning I wasn’t sure if Anani would be able handle the Nigerian crowd since in this case the Togo folks are smaller crowd..but I will let the pictures tell the rest. For my Togo friends viewing this post, I will leave some comments on a few shots to explain the culture but the pictures will tell story for the most part.
For this post, I’m going to skip the usual makeup and getting dressed stuffs so you can enjoy more of their beautiful day.
6. I don’t need to tell you she’s gorgeous!
8. The guys give Anani a final beatdown
10. Anani gets his final advice on what to do and what not to do when he gets inside.
11. And his friend pleads for mercy..lol
12. His Nigerian adviser says “common lets do this”
14. Now Anani takes charge of this thing!
17. He makes his pledge to be the best husband ever!
18. Anani’s family recieves the good handshake from Gboyinde’s family…..I love the simultaneous handshake captured here.
20. Jummy’s coverage – Gboyinde’s sister reads the official proposal to her parents.
23. Anani’s official salute.
24. Gboyinde’s entry
28. I love these real moments
31. Jummy’s coverage – I love her smile.
32. Dad still not ready to let go
34. Anani’s family receives Gboyinde after her parents blessings
35. Now can she be any happier?
46. Usually the couple would be too tired to take any more pictures as things wind down but not Gboyinde and Anani. Yes, I shoot anywhere..hallway, floor, anything…lol